Dies ist eine statische Kopie unseres alten Forums. Es sind keine Interaktionen möglich.
This is a static copy of our old forum. Interactions are not possible.

Rick

Mädchen

• "Rick" is male

Date of registration: Mar 17th 2004

Monday, June 26th 2006, 11:47am

Whether or not you have to pay GEZ also depends on your income. If you can convince them that your income is below a certain threshold, you can register with them without having to pay for it. This takes a visit or two to certain authorities (I am not quite up to date on the exact proceedings).
As for DVB-T, that's currently the best option for tv reception, high quality digital signal with a high resistance to athmospheric disturbances, as opposed to digital or analogue satellite reception which suffers badly during wind/rain/snow...and that's just the time when you are more likely to watch TV.
As for free/pay TV: Pay TV signals are not transmitted via DVB-T, only via DVB-S and analogue cable and satellite, digital cable is slowly being implemented by some providers.

Also, cancelling with telecom is usually a good move. If you decide to stick to arcor, try to sign up as early as possible, because, as mentioned before, they take their sweet time to get you connected (3 or 4 months in bad cases)

Back to DVB-T: I can recommend cheap PCI-Cards as long as you can bear the somewhat slowish changing of channels. Being able to record the mpeg2 stream to HDD (and then transcode to mpeg4/h264/whatever) is quite a boon, especially since it is not excessively ressource intensive, except for the transcoding.

Sometimes you've got to ask yourself: Is xkcd shitty today?

neweb

Erfahrener Schreiberling

• "neweb" is male

Date of registration: Jun 16th 2006

Monday, June 26th 2006, 12:23pm

Yes, thats the thing I've forgotten. You have to pay fees for radio and tv in germany. Of course there are possibilities avoid this, but it is not easy, because the GEZ may be very annoying. I do not own any television or radio myself, so I do not have to pay.

If you want to propose an application for exemption you should find somebody who has already proposed one. The GEZ may be very annoying as they may visit you. You do not have to let them in, but it is nevertheless annoying. ;)
Das Wesen der Dinge ist es, dass sie plötzlich verschwinden und dann unerwartet an einem ganz anderen Ort wieder auftauchen.

denial

Erfahrener Schreiberling

• "denial" is male

Date of registration: Feb 18th 2003

Monday, June 26th 2006, 12:54pm

Quoted

Original von Phill
I was confused by the difference between T-Com and T-Online

Deutsche Telekom=T-Com, T-Online, Congster
One big company, different subsidiaries.

You have to pay ~30 to T-Com to get a phoneline (T-NET/T-ISDN)
You have to pay ~16 to T-Com to get that phoneline connected to a DSLAM (T-DSL)
After that you have the choice between packages from Congster, T-Online, GMX, 1&1, AOL, Freenet, etc. to get a username and a password to connect to the internet. Some of them provide VoIP.

1st alternative:
Alice (available in Hannover?), Arcor, HTP
You pay one of those companies to get telephone and DSL and internet access.
There is no choice of ISP once you decide for a phone company. They usually have real phone flatrate, as they own the phoneline.

2nd alternative (expensive):
QSC, etc.
Not bound to a phone service.

Quoted

So, after looking at the prices at Arcor, HTP and Alice, do you agree that I should probably have my friend to go ahead and cancel her T-Com service? (She has to give them 3 months notice, and we'll be getting an apartment in October)

If you sign a contract with Arcor/HTP/etc., they cancel the T-Com service and reuse the telephone numbers. There is no (ok, maybe an hour) gap in phone service.

Quoted

Original von Phill
So, all i have to do is purchase the dish and a receiver up front, and then it's free? There's no monthly charge?

correct

Quoted

Original von Rick
As for DVB-T, that's currently the best option for tv reception, high quality digital signal with a high resistance to athmospheric disturbances

Says the one who is incapable of receiving the Pro7 bouquet although he can see the tower from his window...

Some of the encrypted DVB-C channels only require a one-time payment to register the CI card.

Rick

Mädchen

• "Rick" is male

Date of registration: Mar 17th 2004

Monday, June 26th 2006, 1:14pm

Quoted

Original von denial

Quoted

Original von Rick
As for DVB-T, that's currently the best option for tv reception, high quality digital signal with a high resistance to athmospheric disturbances

Says the one who is incapable of receiving the Pro7 bouquet although he can see the tower from his window...

Some of the encrypted DVB-C channels only require a one-time payment to register the CI card.

I am getting a very strong signal, but apparently there is a lot of (equally strong) interference going on...maybe I should have it checked out some day....
This has nothing at all to do with athmospheric effects on signal quality.

Sometimes you've got to ask yourself: Is xkcd shitty today?

Benjamin

Segelnder Alter Hase

• "Benjamin" is male

Date of registration: Oct 1st 2002

Monday, June 26th 2006, 2:53pm

Quoted

Original von denial
1st alternative:
There is no choice of ISP once you decide for a phone company. They usually have real phone flatrate, as they own the phoneline.

Alice from HanseNet TK GmbH should be (soon) available in Hannover. Some weeks ago someone told me at university sports that they will (soon) provide their services in Hannover. He is working at HanseNet/Alice and if he told me the truth Alice would be a good alternative.
Es gibt nur eine bessere Sache als auf dem Wasser zu sein: Noch mehr auf dem Wasser sein.

Phill

Trainee

• "Phill" is male
  • "Phill" started this thread

Date of registration: May 30th 2006

Monday, June 26th 2006, 5:16pm

Quoted

If you sign a contract with Arcor/HTP/etc., they cancel the T-Com service and reuse the telephone numbers. There is no (ok, maybe an hour) gap in phone service.

But she would still have to do this three months before the end of her contract, wouldn't she? I can't imagine that she could avoid the terms of her contract by simply having a new telco cancel for her.

Phill

Trainee

• "Phill" is male

Monday, June 26th 2006, 5:21pm

Quoted

Original von metalhen

Quoted

Original von denial
1st alternative:

Alice from HanseNet TK GmbH should be (soon) available in Hannover. Some weeks ago someone told me at university sports that they will (soon) provide their services in Hannover. He is working at HanseNet/Alice and if he told me the truth Alice would be a good alternative.

When I checked their page, they said installation for Hannover would take 3-7 weeks, so I assume they either are there or will be very soon. I like the fact that the contract is month by month with Alice and the prices are amazing, but I have heard elsewhere that they can be REALLY slow to get your stuff installed.

Of course, I have three months to try and get it worked out, so it might be ok.

Shadow

... mit bunten Sternchen und so

• "Shadow" is male

Date of registration: Dec 21st 2001

Monday, June 26th 2006, 6:16pm

Quoted

Original von Phill
But she would still have to do this three months before the end of her contract, wouldn't she? I can't imagine that she could avoid the terms of her contract by simply having a new telco cancel for her.

Your new provider will do this for her. You shouldn't cancel your old contract without being sure to have a new one. You cold end up without phone access and lose your number, which otherwise would be transfered to your new provider.
"Man hält die Erzeugung von Information für ein Zeichen von Intelligenz, während in Wirklichkeit das Gegenteil richtig ist: Die Reduktion, die Auswahl der Information ist die viel höhere Leistung."
-- Heinz Zemanek

Phill

Trainee

• "Phill" is male

Monday, June 26th 2006, 7:37pm

Quoted

Original von Shadow

Quoted

Original von Phill

Your new provider will do this for her. You shouldn't cancel your old contract without being sure to have a new one. You cold end up without phone access and lose your number, which otherwise would be transfered to your new provider.

We might lose the number, but losing access shouldn't be an issue since we're moving into a new building. The new Telco will install the lines by Oct. 1 (hopefully) and the old service will be terminated Oct. 1. Any loss of service would be the result of the new telco not installing on Oct. 1--but since the installation has to be done anyway, this loss of access would occur either way.

I think. :)

denial

Erfahrener Schreiberling

• "denial" is male

Wednesday, June 28th 2006, 11:06pm

Crawler

Praktikant

• "Crawler" is male

Date of registration: Jul 7th 2006

Friday, July 7th 2006, 4:35pm

What do you think about versatel (www.versatel.de / www.versatel.net)

in my opinion it's an affordable fast hoster...
20V Turbo alles andere is Schnickschnack! ;)

Phill

Trainee

• "Phill" is male

Friday, July 7th 2006, 11:44pm

Unfortunately, they require a 24 month contract. That's a little too much of a gamble for me. I'm not even 100% sure I'll be in Germany for 24 months. Otherwise, it does look like it might be a good option.

denial

Erfahrener Schreiberling

• "denial" is male

Thursday, August 24th 2006, 5:58am

Weil mir gerade danach ist, wärme ich diesen alten Thread auf.

Die Telekom hat jetzt auch ein Telefon/DSL Flat Paket für rund 46 Euro. Ist aber VoIP. Kostenlos über die normale Telefonleitung gibt es erst für 56 Euro. Mindestvertragslaufzeit 2 Jahre.

Quoted

Original von denial
You have to pay ~30 to T-Com to get a phoneline (T-NET/T-ISDN)
Da hab ich mich geirrt, ne simple analoge Telefonleitung (T-NET) gibt es schon für die Hälfte.

Bei DVB-S hat sich Astra überlegt eine neue "Platform" namens Dolphin zu entwickeln. Alle Sender die aufspringen, werden verschlüsselt und bekommen von Astra monatlich eingetriebene Gebühren. RTL (incl. RTL2, VOX, SuperRTL, n-tv), Viacom (MTV, VIVA, Nick) und NBC (Das Vierte) haben schon angekündigt mitzumachen.

Für DVB-T wollen diese Sender auch Verschlüsselung. Da 2009 ein Vertrag mit dem Einspeiser ausläuft, könnte dies dann eingeführt werden.

Natürlich braucht man dafür neue Receiver.

Nun zur GEZ... Irgendwie so um 2005 scheint es eine Änderung gegeben zu haben.
Man kann in folgende Personengruppen unterscheiden:

0. Leute ohne - haben keinen Fernseher und kein Radio
Müssen immernoch nicht zahlen.

1. Maden im Speck (dazu gehöre ich :D) - verdienen kaum Geld und wohnen bei Familie (Gesetzestext: "in häuslicher Gemeinschaft leben").
Müssen nur zahlen, wenn kein anderer Mitbewohner zahlt.

2. WGler bis wilde Ehe
Müssen zahlen, wenn sie Geräte in ihrem eigenen Zimmer haben. Einer muß für die evtl. vorhandenen Geräte in Gemeinschaftsräumen blechen. (Das steht zwar nicht direkt im RGebStV, aber [url=http://www1.ndr.de/ndr_pages_std/0,2570,OID765734_REF_SPC720380,00.html]beim NDR[/url] und der GEZ)

3. Bedürftige - Leute die Sozialleistungen beziehen (BAföG, Hartz IV, ...)
Können eine Befreiung beantragen. Formular hier.

4. Gearschte - alle anderen
müssen Zahlen.

Verheiratete zählen quasi als eine Person.
Man beachte, daß die Einkommensgrenze nur noch bei 1. Anwendung findet.

Phill, du fällst dann wohl unter 2.

Korrigiert mich, wenn ich etwas falsches geschrieben habe.

Phill

Trainee

• "Phill" is male

Thursday, August 24th 2006, 6:59am

Quoted

Original von denial
2. WGler bis wilde Ehe
Müssen zahlen, wenn sie Geräte in ihrem eigenen Zimmer haben. Einer muß für die evtl. vorhandenen Geräte in Gemeinschaftsräumen blechen. (Das steht zwar nicht direkt im RGebStV, aber [url=http://www1.ndr.de/ndr_pages_std/0,2570,OID765734_REF_SPC720380,00.html]beim NDR[/url] und der GEZ)

[...]

Phill, du fällst dann wohl unter 2.

Korrigiert mich, wenn ich etwas falsches geschrieben habe.

Da wir nur zwei Zimmer haben (1 Wohnzimmer; 1 Schlafzimmer), können wir einfach sagen, dass alle Geräte entweder mir oder meiner Freundin gehören? Wenn wir das Schlafzimmer teilen, gibt es keine "eigenen Zimmer," oder?

EDIT:
Wir haben schon unsere Wohnung gefunden, und sie kommt mit Kabel.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Phill" (Aug 24th 2006, 7:20am)

denial

Erfahrener Schreiberling

• "denial" is male

Thursday, August 24th 2006, 10:43pm

Quoted

Original von Phill
Da wir nur zwei Zimmer haben (1 Wohnzimmer; 1 Schlafzimmer), können wir einfach sagen, dass alle Geräte entweder mir oder meiner Freundin gehören? Wenn wir das Schlafzimmer teilen, gibt es keine "eigenen Zimmer," oder?
Sollte klappen

Quoted

Wir haben schon unsere Wohnung gefunden, und sie kommt mit Kabel.
Ich kenne jemanden, dessen Mietwohnung auch Kabel hat, der aber keinen Fernseher haben will, da er meint er würde ihn vom Lernen abhalten. Folglich zahlt er auch nur den kleinen GEZ Betrag für sein Radio.

kritop

Junior Schreiberling

• "kritop" is male

Date of registration: Sep 22nd 2003

Friday, August 25th 2006, 10:06am

Meines Erachtens kann man sich relativ schnell als Student von den GEZ Gebühren befreien lassen. Die beim Sozialamt sind da auch relativ kulant.
Mein HiWi-Gehalt z.B. wurde, da nur 6-Monatsvetrag auf 12 verteilt ^^
Einfach hingehen nen Kontoauszug mit Unterhaltszahlungen bzw. Gehalt oder Bafög mitnehmen, sowie allen Ausgaben(Miete, Nebenkosten, Telefon, Internet, Kabel etc.) die ihr monatlich habt. Falls ihr zusammen mit jemandem lebt müsst ihr das noch angeben, da die Kosten dann anteilig berechnet werden. Die Befreiungen werden sogar teilweise für 2 Jahre gemacht.
Wer es gelernt hat, sich von der Herrschaft des Ärgers zu befreien, wird das Leben viel lebenswerter finden. Bertrand Russel

denial

Erfahrener Schreiberling

• "denial" is male

Friday, August 25th 2006, 12:01pm

Für Befreiungen ist das Sozialamt aber nicht mehr zuständig. Das Formular muß direkt an die GEZ geschickt werden.

yv

Junior Schreiberling

• "yv" is female

Date of registration: Dec 11th 2001

Friday, August 25th 2006, 12:02pm

Bis zu welchem Einkommen( HiWi-Job, Geld von Eltern...) ist man denn gebührenbefreit als Student?

denial

Erfahrener Schreiberling

• "denial" is male

Friday, August 25th 2006, 1:42pm

Quoted

§5(1) RGebStV in der Fassung vom April 2005
[...]
Eine Rundfunkgebhrenpflicht im Rahmen des Satzes 1 besteht auch nicht für weitere Rundfunkempfangsgeräte, die von Personen zum Empfang bereitgehalten werden, welche mit dem Rundfunkteilnehmer in häuslicher Gemeinschaft leben und deren Einkommen den einfachen Sozialhilferegelsatz nicht übersteigt.

Quoted

http://www.gez.de/door/gebuehren/gebuehr…ht/index.html#2
Mein Kind beginnt nächsten Monat eine Ausbildung. Muss es die Rundfunkgeräte in seinem Zimmer zusätzlich anmelden, obwohl ich bereits als Rundfunkteilnehmer angemeldet bin? Meine Mutter zieht mit Ihren Rundfunkgeräten in unseren Haushalt. Muss sie weiterhin Gebühren zahlen?
Für Ihr Kind bzw. Ihre Mutter besteht zusätzliche Gebührenpflicht, wenn sie Geräte in ihren Räumen zum Empfang bereithalten und ihr Einkommen den Sozialhilferegelsatz/Regelsatz für Haushaltsangehörige übersteigt.

Die Regelsätze für Haushaltsangehörige sind nicht bundeseinheitlich geregelt.

Die Höhe des maßgeblichen monatlichen Regelsatzes für Haushaltsangehörige beträgt 276 Euro.

Wenn du also bei deinen Eltern wohnst, ist der regional unterschiedliche "Sozialhilferegelsatz/Regelsatz für Haushaltsangehörige" die Schwelle.
Bei welchem Betrag dieser "hier" liegt, konnte mir das Bürgerbüro meiner Stadt in den letzten 34 Stunden noch nicht per eMail beantworten.

MAX

Senior Schreiberling

• "MAX" is male

Date of registration: Dec 11th 2001

Friday, August 25th 2006, 1:46pm

Quoted

Bis zu welchem Einkommen( HiWi-Job, Geld von Eltern...) ist man denn gebührenbefreit als Student?

Hier kannst du über die Befreiung von der GEZ alles erfahren. Im Antragsformular kannst du erkennen, ob du in die Gruppe der zu befreienden Studenten fällst oder nicht.

Quoted

Befreiungskriterien

Um von der Rundfunkgebührenpflicht befreit zu werden, müssen Rundfunkgeräte zum Empfang bereit gehalten werden und die Antragstellerin/der Antragsteller muss zu dem genau definierten Personenkreis gehören. U.a. gehören folgende Personenkreise dazu:

• Empfänger von Hilfe zum Lebensunterhalt nach dem SGB oder dem Bundesversorgungsgesetz

• Empfänger von Ausbildungsförderung nach dem BAföG, die nicht bei ihren Eltern leben

• Empfänger von Arbeitslosengeld II und Sozialgeld.

Bafög-Empfänger werden in der Regel von der GEZ befreit.

mfg
MAX

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MAX" (Aug 25th 2006, 1:47pm)